Masculine Monday #13 - Crack Open a Cold One!

This was a fun card to make. 
A simple card for Father's Day - Wow I'm way ahead of schedule,
usually I'm making it the night before.
What guy doesn't like to crack open a cold one to celebrate 
Father's Day - I know mine does.


The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays right now is to not use a die. I thought
it would be easier than it was but I realized I use one particular die -
a LOT!
This stamp set has a coordinating die set but I don't own it. This is an
easy one to cut out - I wish I took a marker and went around the edges
of the cut pieces before I added it to the card.

I water-colored the bottle with some Tim Holtz distress ink.
I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder onto
black cardstock.
The label on the bottle was hand printed by me.
I sponged the edges of the card base and the dsp with some 
soft suede ink.
I told you it was simple, right?




Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: crumb cake, basic black, whisper white, watercolor paper
stamp set: Bottleful Of (Altenew)
ink: memento tuxedo black, soft suede
Tim Holtz distress ink: salty ocean, stormy sky, chipped sapphire
white embossing powder
dsp: leftover scraps on my desk
foam sheet (Michaels)

Comments

canadian_liner said…
Awesome! Simple, graphic and to the point. And never too early to start thinking about Father's Day, esp. if you have to send the card by mail.
I'm still thinking about how to incorporate your last Masculine Monday idea, with the foil-embossing...
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Caroline :) I'm forever mailing my cards late - not very good I know but hey at least I get them in the mail :)
Anita in France said…
Cool and crisp and such a great colour combo, Susan ... sure to bring a smile! Thanks so much for your visit! Anita :)
nancy y said…
What a great card, love that blue bottle! WTG getting it done ahead of time!