White on White

First, I just want to say that trying to photograph a card that
is all white is very frustrating! I'm so glad I've ordered a light
box and lamps that'll make taking pictures easier from
now on. I've been wanting one for a while now - thought about
making one but decided to go ahead and order one. Should be 
here later this week - I Can't Wait!

The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to make a
card that is white on white.




This poinsettia is my favorite one in the house right now - 
because it's not loosing it's leaves and petals. Every year I get
a poinsettia or two and every year I struggle to keep them alive.
The poinsettia stamps are so much easier to work with. :)

For this card I stamped the flower and the sentiment in versamark 
on vellum and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
I stamped/embossed the flower (or is it a plant?) twice, cut out the 
center area from one and added it to the other using dimensionals.  
The background was made using a falling snow embossing folder.
I finished the card off with some pearls.

The sentiment is from The Holiday Flourishes set by The Ton
The poinsettia is from Joyful Christmas - a retired Stampin' Up! set.



Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
Stunning poinsettia, Susan! Love the vellum! xoxo
Nancy R. said…
Such a soft and pretty card, Susan. Happy to see another SN member here. I always admire your work. I have a card ready...first time joining the challenge. I just need to figure out how to post it!
Unknown said…
What a lovely card Susan...that poinsettia is absolutely stunning!
Colleen said…
It may be difficult to photograph, but I can still tell this is a beautiful card! I was amazed at all the design team cards, white on white is really stunning and yours is too! Thanks for playing along at merry Monday!
conil said…
Oh dear, gorgeous vellum pointsettia. Actually love the whole card.
Bonnie said…
What a beautiful poinsettia, Susan! I love it embossed on the vellum! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!
Ann Butler said…
This is breathtaking. Whoever receives it will know they are very special to you. Thanks for sharing it.
Your poinsettia came out so pretty! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!
This is quite stunning! I love your use of vellum for this challenge.
Leslie Miller said…
So beautiful and delicate with the poinsettia in vellum!
Betty said…
gorgeous card Susan - love the vellum poinsettias and the dotted background is perfect for a little added texture!