Watercolor 1,2,3


I've been wanting to share some cards from a Watercoloring class I
held recently. Unfortunately I've been sick and have only had enough
energy to get through my work day and then come home and crash.
Fun times! But, today I finally am feeling like I can accomplish 
something - which is a good thing because it is my husband's 50th 
birthday today and our daughter is coming home  for the weekend. YAY!

Okay, enough jibber jabber - here are the cards. 
For the first one I chose an image that is just an outline. We stamped it 
in versamark, added some black embossing powder and then heat set 
that.
If you've never water-colored before this is a great way to try first as the embossed lines prevent the ink from going into other areas. Plus, 
for me, I love the outlined look - when I was younger and coloring with 
crayons I outlined everything in black. I used one color ink and built the 
color up by starting light and then adding more at the base of the petals.
After it dries a little you can add more color for even more depth. 
Just keep adding until you're happy with the result. 



For the second card I demonstrated how to just get 'messy' with the ink
and use it for a background. It's the perfect backdrop for a solid image. 
What's cool about it too is that you can do the same steps with the same 
colors and you get a different look every time. 
My favorite thing to do is to heat set the ink because you can get some 
really cool looking water lines in the image.


And lastly, I showed how you can stamp an image - (I used the same
one from the card above) - but by stamping off before stamping on my
watercolor paper and then using my watercolor brush to add ink to
the image you are able to achieve a watercolor look. This is a little 
more fussy as you don't have the embossed edges to keep the color 
from running - just be careful with how much water you use and you 
should be fine.



I hope these three different ways to watercolor have encouraged you to 
give it a try. You don't need a lot to start out with this technique - you
can start pretty simply with just some watercolor paper and a watercolor
brush. This way you can use inks that you already have. There are all
kinds of watercolor paints out there but I haven't ventured that far into
it....yet!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

shopping list - all from Stampin' Up! you can visit
my online store to purchase any of the items listed.

1st card
card stock, whisper white, watercolor paper
stamp sets: Blended Bloom, Celebrate Today, Kinda Eclectic
ink: hello honey, mint macaroon, watermelon wonder, memento tuxedo black
        versamark
black embossing powder, dimensionals, aqua painter

2nd card:
card stock: whisper white, basic black, watercolor paper
stamp sets: Words of Truth, Summer Silhouettes
ink: blackberry bliss, mossy meadow, lost lagoon, memento tuxedo black
        versamark
white embossing powder, aqua painter

3rd card
card stock: watercolor paper, basic black
stamp set: Summer Silhouettes
ink: mossy meadow, memento tuxedo black
fine tip black marker, aqua painter

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great cards and detailed descriptions for each, Susan! Love your blog!
Hugs,
Sunshine
Awwww thank you Sunshine :)