Merry Monday Fun


I saw the email yesterday morning from Merry Monday  and wanted to 
dive right in. Deanne is the host this week and she chose to challenge us 
with using pink, green and white on our cards. 


I knew exactly what I wanted to do - I love it when that happens. I went straight to my stamp table to create the image in my head. Well, let's
just say that this is not the image I had in my head. I had made a tag 
with some inlaid die-cutting and lots of embossing to make the whole
piece look like glitter paper. I decided to do some more inlaid die-cutting
to the tag and add the happy word that you see above. Well, I die cut it
upside down??!!??!?! I was so frustrated. Time to take a break. 
I went back to my stamp table a little while later, saved the word happy 
from the tag and started over.
This time I kept it simple. I did the inlaid die-cutting technique for the 
tree and the happy holidays (I  really LOVE that technique!). I added a
few pearls to the tree and a star on top and then thought it needed a 
little something else so I added the snowflake and pearl. 
I used another favorite tool - the Wink of Stella glitter pen - to add some
sparkle to the greeting. 
I need to work on getting better pictures. Ever since I moved my craft 
room upstairs it's been harder to get a good picture unless I go outside.




Now I'm off to check out the DT's cards and the entries.  Have a great day!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

Comments

Greta said…
Super pretty card--great use of the color combo!
Notes by Nina said…
Wonderful card, what a great layout. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.
Bonnie said…
You have done a wonderful job with these colors, Susan! Love the inlaid die cuts! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Bonnie :) I think I may play some more with these colors - they were fun!
Bonnie T. said…
I love that little tree and your die cut sentiment. Very pretty!