Sunshine


This card took me out of my comfort zone - and I love it!
This week at StampNation everyone is taking a 'virtual'
holiday to California with daily challenges. I'm a little behind
as I was out of town for a week. Because California is known as
the Golden State the first challenge was to use
some gold on your card.


There's a LOT going on on this card. 
For a while now I've been gravitating more towards the 
Clean and Simple style of card making but recently I've been 
watching some tutorials by Catherine Pooler
She is an amazing crafter with all kinds of video tutorials that will
inspire you to create. 

Recently I purchased an online class of Catherine's from Craftsy and
it was incredible! She demonstrates 21 techniques and the cards
she makes with these techniques are fabulous!

One of the things that I love about card making is the process
of making it. I'm terrible at sending cards out on time (or sadly - at all)
but the creative process makes me smile most every time. Sometimes
they don't work out and end up in the trash and other times
they put a smile on your face.  Catherine and her videos taught
me to relax and enjoy the process.

You can find Catherine in the following places;
Her blog
Her online community at StampNation,
Her YouTube channel. 
She's also on facebook, twitter and instragram.



supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white (reg & heavy)
stamp set: Feel Goods
ink: versamark
Tim Holtz distress ink: mustard seed, festive berries, spiced marmalade
dsp: everything chic, english garden
big shot: elegant dots EF, circles framelits collection, lg stitched rectangle stackables (Lawn Fawn)
gold embossing powder
black & white bakers twine (unknown)
sequins: craft medley
Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Carol said…
A fabulous card, love all the layering and gorgeous colours. Carol x