Christmas in the Heart

When I saw the challenge at Merry Monday was hearts
I knew right away I was going to use the 
Super Heart Border wafer die from Simon Says Stamp
and do an inlaid die cutting technique.
It's such a cool technique - choose your die cut and run
it through your big shot twice - once on the paper that is
going to be 'inlaid' and once on the paper that you are
going to inlay the pieces into. Wow - does that even make sense?
I sure hope so.
I like the sparkle that the red glitter paper adds.


I recently discovered a great blog called Dies R Us and of
course the main theme is to use dies and I LOVE dies so
I decided to play along with their Christmas in July challenge.

The stamp is an oldie but a goodie from Stampin' Up! 
It's called Heart of Christmas and I love the message - it's
one of my fav's.

After that I didn't know where I was going to go with the 
card. It sat on my desk for a week while I went out of town.


I sat down this morning to finish it and it all just came together.
I saw the embossing challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and 
grabbed the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp! and
some embossing paste to make a background. I sprinkled on
some iridescent ice embossing powder and heat set it. It adds
just a hint of sparkle - like when the snow is actually falling.
I love it!
I finished it off by rounding the top corners of the stamped image.
The ribbon was a complete afterthought.


 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Merry Monday - hearts
CAS-ual Fridays - embossing
Dies R Us - Christmas in July
Crafty Boots Challenges - Christmas in July
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes



supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white (reg & heavy), red glitter paper
stamp set: Heart of Christmas
ink: cherry cobbler, wild wasabi
big shot: Super Heart Border wafer die (Simon Says Stamp!)
stencil: Falling Snow (Simon Says Stamp!)
embossing paste (Dreamweaver)
Iridescent Ice embossing powder 
lace ribbon: (Craft Decor)
corner rounder punch

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

Darlene said…
Beautiful creation Susan and great job with the technique! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS IN JULY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Beautiful Christmas card, I love the gorgeous background and the lovely red hearts with the sentiment. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne
Bonnie said…
Wow, Susan, you have the perfect sentiment to go with that fantastic border of sparkly hearts! Love the bit of lace you added at the bottom! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!
Julene Matthews said…
A beautiful card Susan.
Desire Fourie said…
Susan this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our 14th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Cat Craig said…
So beautifully designed. This is really an eye catcher in the mm gallery.
conil said…
This is perfect for the challenge. Love that sentiment and who can resist a red & white Christmas card.
Wendy said…
This card is beautiful, Susan! Love that sentiment and your row of pretty hearts!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)
Hello Susangail: I love your beautiful card, the row of glittery red hearts looks amazing and festive. I love the detail of the lace at the bottom of the panel of hearts, so sweet.
Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday.

Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com
Marcia Hill said…
Love your sentiment and those glittery red inlaid hearts...very pretty!! :0)
Jilly said…
Beautiful card xx
Notes by Nina said…
Very pretty, and I love the background texture. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.
Linda said…
This is gorgeous .... I love the sentiment! xx
Celeste Goff said…
What a beautiful card!