Monday Monday...

I combined two challenges for this one card. The Mojo Monday sketch 
challenge and the Merry Monday Christmas  card theme challenge. This
week the theme is to include a gift or present on your card.
I instantly thought of the song by the Mamas and the Papas called
Monday Monday and I've been singing it ALL night - I do like that song.




I'm not a fan of this card and I wasn't going to show it but in the end I decided to.
There are things I would change about it but the reason I do these challenges
is to take myself out of my comfort zone and this one did just that. It's all
that dsp - and those bows - they don't work for me - I probably will change it
up some but for now - here it is. 



supplies:
card stock: whisper white, early espresso
dsp: season of style
stamp set: Christmas Messages
big shot: circle framelits
embellishments: cherry cobbler baker's twine,
     cherry cobber quilted satin ribbon


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

Comments

OH Babs said…
Thanks for your comment. I agree about creating outside our comfort zone but my style has now changed since doing challenges, especially CAS. I like that you used a sketch and I think it works well with your choice of paper.
Shelia said…
Cute packages!! I like the fun Christmas sentiment too!!
Bonnie said…
This sketch works perfectly for gifts! Great use of DSP too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!
Karren said…
Great job combining challenges! As Bonnie says, the sketch makes for perfect gifts. I think you've done a great job on this card, so don't be too hard on yourself. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday
Notes by Nina said…
Great card Susan, I love how you were so creative with the gifts. I have Monday Monday spinning round in my head now :).Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.