Feelin' the Grunge

Lately, I've been really feelin' the grunge when it comes to 
card making. There's something about this style that is so liberating.
I made this card a couple of days ago, but today as I post this I have
a couple more ideas that would have been good on it.


I would have roughed up the edges and added a tear or two, maybe
curled up one of the edges. 
As I sit here writing this, I'm dragging my finger nail along the edges
and I like how it looks - back in a minute :)

.....................

Here it is grunged up a bit more - I like this much better!
I dragged my nail along the edges and then in a couple of spots I 
rolled back the edges. Two very simple ways to add a little more
detail to a card.


I didn't have any black brads so I got out my sharpie and started
coloring over a few dark green ones - worked like a charm :)

I love the saying on this card too - sometimes hard to do but
something wonderful to strive for! I stamped it in smoky slate but I
wanted it to stand out more so I grabbed my basic black marker and 
scribble-colored it in (I didn't fill it in completely).

supplies:
all from Stampin' Up unless noted
card stock: basic black, crumb cake, smoky slate
stamp set: gorgeous grunge, Tim Holtz
ink: smoky slate, basic black
embellishments: linen thread, 7/16" trim, natural 5/8" chevron ribbon,
      vintage flower ribbon (retired), basic pearls, rhinestones, 
      brads (company ?)

Happy Stampin'
and thank you for visiting!!




Comments