Ahoy Matey

I had an idea for a card when I went into my craft room last night -
 this was not it!


I used some painters tape to mask off the stripes and sponged on 
some basic gray ink - that's the only part from my original idea that I used.


I then masked off some more stripes and sponged on some bermuda
bay. The darker thin stripe is made with a ruler and the basic gray marker.
After that I added some cajun craze grunge and decided to use the
ship from the Open Sea. 
The celtic knot is made from some cord I got from the dollar store.

It's funny how our tastes grow and change - I've never been one to
embrace the nautical theme, but lately I've been drawn to it and have made
a few cards with this theme lately. I'm going to have to purchase a set with 
some nautical greetings as I want to add
'Ahoy Matey' to this card.

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, basic black, cajun craze
stamp set: the open sea, gorgeous grunge
ink: basic gray, bermuda bay, cajun craze
big shot: woodgrain EF, chalk talk framelits
embellishments: antique brads


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visitng!

Comments