Circle Happy


I was looking around the internet last night and checking out
some challenges. I loved the colors that PALS was offering up
for their color challenge and the layout at CAS(E) this Sketch
jumped off the page at me.



These colors are so fresh and warm. I couldn't wait
to try this one.

This layout has so many possibilities and I was eager to 
play with this challenge too.


I used the second smallest circle from the circles framelits and
ran it through the big shot 9 times. To make sure they all
lined up I drew a grid on the back and placed the framelit
inside each grid - worked perfectly!



I love that little stamp - it's from A Round Array and it
fits perfectly inside the circle cut out. Originally I was going
to do a white card base but after I stamped the little doily and
the greeting I went with the early espresso base.

I thought I'd try the glossy white card stock this time. I stamped the
greeting and thought I had waited long enough for the ink to 
dry but apparently I didn't because there is a little smudge (or two)
which is why I added the linen thread.

You can't see it in the pics but the circle framelit left a 
textured looking 'frame' around the image. I was expecting it to 
leave a ring around it but not all the texture that I saw.
I wish it would have shown in the pic because it is 
quite cool looking.


supplies:
card stock: glossy white, early espresso, 
      pear pizzazz, so saffron
dsp: sweet sorbet SAB (the calypso coral pieces)
stamp set: a round array, perfectly penned
ink: early espresso
embellishments: basic pearls, linen thread


Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!









Comments

Leigh Penner said…
Oh, what a lovely take on the sketch!
Unknown said…
Beautiful card Susan I but you could use a punch to so this too! Thanks for sharing a great idea ♥
Fabulous card!!! Thank you for playing with the Pals Paper Arts his week!!!
Ginger said…
Definitely a fun card! Thanks for playing wit the PPA this week.
Susan Powell said…
Thanks Linda, I thought of using a punch but they don't reach to the middle of the card