Express Yourself with DSP

I'm continuing to challenge myself to use more designer series paper. 
I'm finding it to be a great way for me to use up the piles of 
paper that I have, and I have a lot!!!!
I'm sorry, I don't remember which company this paper
is from, I bought it years ago.
One side of this paper was all flowers like the one you see in the card.  
The other side of the paper was the stripes so
the colors match perfectly.

I began by cutting out one of the flowers and popping it up using
dimensionals and placing it on a piece of the striped
paper that was just big enough for the flower to fit.
When I added it to the white paper I decided not to trim the extra 
bit from the bottom. I thought it looked like an old polaroid which I 
thought would be fun. My daughter says it looks like the photos on 
instagram - I don't use instagram so I don't know.
It also left me with the perfect spot to stamp a greeting.

At this stage, I was happy with the card but I felt it was still
missing something. I really like cards that have texture, so that's what
I did. I added some texture by putting some tulle ribbon behind the flower
piece, (it's on the clearance rack right now for a great deal) and then adding some linen thread, ribbon and a tiny
vintage brad to the front. Originally I had the flower piece sitting
straight on the card but once I angled it a little I decided I was done.

  

recipe:
card stock: crumb cake 120953, basic black 121045, whisper white 100730
dsp: sorry, I can't remember - if you recognize it, let me know
stamp set: express yourself (hostess set) 130336 wood, 130339 clear
embellishments: linen thread 104199, 7/16" trim 129287, vintage trinkets 118764
crumb cake 3 1/2" scalloped tulle (on the clearance rack right now) 127840

Comments

Unknown said…
This card is amazing and I am so happy that you are challenging yourself it is a plus for us thanks!!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Linda - you are so sweet :)