Two For The Price of One

 I combined two fantastic challenges for this card.



Not so sure if this qualifies as a CAS card but I'm going with it.
When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use my new embossing folder called Crackle from Darice and some dsp that was gifted to me in my recent order from Verve Stamps.

I used some old early espresso core'dinations paper from Stampin' Up with the embossing folder and then gave it a good sanding. I love the way it looks.

I sponged the edges of the dsp from Verve Stamps with some soft suede ink to give it a more vintage-y feel. The vine die from Catherine Pooler Designs was perfect for the foliage theme at CASology

The sentiment is from My Favorite Things called Essential Sentiments - you may have noticed that I've been using it a lot lately - it is a fav :) I stamped it with
versamark onto some vellum, then heat set it with some black embossing powder and wrapped it around the card. The vines also help to hold down the sentiment.




Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: Basic black, Vellum, textured vanilla, early espresso core'dinations
dsp: (Verve Stamps)
stamp set: Essential Sentiments (MFT)
embossing powder: black

Comments

Hannelie said…
A beautiful card Susan!
Love the amazing texture!
Thanks for joining CASology & CTS!
Kreative Kymona said…
Hey Susan!! Great fall colors to go with our cue card this week. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Hannelie :)
Hello Susan: Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me your sweet comment. I love your card, the crackle embossing folder is awesome. Love the beautiful colors you chose.
Thank you for sharing the details of your card.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.