Before and After


I was sharing the other day on StampNation how I was not having any luck 
making a card that I was happy with.  I was trying to come up with a card
for this sketch challenge over at Pals Paper Arts.
The first card is the one I was talking about - I ended up tossing it aside. Don't 
get me wrong, I don't hate it - I just don't love it. I mentioned that I may have another
 go at it and one of the ladies said she would love to see a before and after.
So, here it is...

Before...
(you can sure tell by the pic that it was a cloudy day when this was taken)

and after...
(a much sunnier day for pics)
 

You might be asking - 'what parts are from the original card'?
Well, the card base, the banner and a piece of the doily made it on
to the new card. The doily is a little hard to see in this shot but it's 
to the right of the banner just below the flower.

Both the polka dotted piece and the chevron piece were leftover
from another card. Looking at it now, I think I might go back and
add a few clear sequins. I'm really starting to like those things and find
I am putting them on a lot!

supplies
2nd card
card stock: whisper white, smoky slate
stamp sets: kinda eclectic, perfect pennants, petite petals
ink: lost lagoon, hello honey, smoky slate
punch: petite petals
embellishments: lace doily, brads

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!!

Comments

Susan Itell said…
Fun...fun...fun!!!! Thanks for playing this week...great take on the sketch!
Dawn Tidd said…
So cute! I love all the polka dots. It's nice you could repurpose some things to come up with a fantastic end result! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!
Greta said…
Wow--love your final result! Beautiful!