Lucky Me

Today's card is for a challenge over at CASology to
make a card to do with luck


My first thought was that I don't think I have any stamps that
say luck or lucky at all but I do have a set of letters from Recollections
that I've never used and thought would be perfect for this challenge.


 I knew I wanted to use my new label maker on this card and I thought
it paired great with the letter stamp set that I was using. I also 
picked up some lace ribbon at the dollar store the other day
that I wanted to use. I wrapped it around some white
card stock and placed it on top of some gray card stock.
I love the look of gray and white together. 


I still didn't know at this point what I was going to do for
 the greeting so I started by stamping the word lucky on a
scrap piece of white in crushed curry ink. Next, I hand wrote
the word 'me' over top and then used my label maker
to make the rest of the greeting. 
I wasn't sure about the card at first but once I put it
all together I was really happy with it.


supplies:
card stock: whisper white, basic gray, smoky slate
stamp set: a letter set from recollections (? name)
ink: crushed curry, basic gray, basic black
others: ribbon from the dollar store, label maker


Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!


Comments

Love this, Susan! What a great way to add a custom sentiment!
Ardyth said…
This is really fun! I love the dymo tape and the overlapping lucky me! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Catherine and Ardyth!
Jenni's Jems said…
This works brilliantly just love it! X
I love the crispness and he cool casual masculineness of it, has a professional yet fun edgy feel!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Ladies :)
Gillian R said…
Love the combination of the different fonts, it looks fab. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology